- Hanson Robotics Sophia 2020, R&D Version
- Features Natural People Tracking and Interactive Conversation
- Offers physical interaction support
- Human-like face for higher and natural engagement
- Integrated sensors for data collection
- Includes non-motorized wheeled tripod base
- Additional stands/bases available – Contact us!
The Hanson Robotics Sophia 2020, R&D Version comes with everything needed for scientific R&D and business applications.
Her head and torso are human-sized and include refined aesthetics, like hair and skin. The human-like torso and gestural arms and hands have at least 28 degrees of freedom, including individually articulated finger actions, arms & shoulders. The Robot weighs approximately 21 kg (head, torso, arms).
As a research platform or a service robot, Sophia 2020 has the unique ability to connect and communicate with humans in an unforgettable way, showcasing unparalleled robotics art and design, AI science, and engineering.
This Sophia 2020 basic model includes the head, torso, arms & hands, as well as the software, travel cases, and the non-motorized wheeled tripod base.
Please contact us for more information about the 1) remote-controlled wheeled tripod – and 2) autonomous, self-navigating, mobile models.
Sophia is capable of simulating all the major muscles of a human face. The Robot will include realistic facial expressions, eyebrow motions, blinking, aesthetically realistic moving eyes, mouth and jaw motion, head turn and neck motions, arm, hands and fingers.
The independently articulated eyelids, jaw, and expressive tongue motion, forehead actions, and multiple points of articulation on the lips, cheeks, and neck enables the Robot to exhibit a wide range of natural interaction constructs like smiling, frowning, scowling, sneering, happiness, anger, fear, surprise, disgust, sadness, confusion, boredom, questioning, neutral, and any kind of openly engaged expression.
This Sophia 2020 R&D version is now available for research, academic and B2B applications. Sophia 2020 combines the award-winning Hanson patented robotics hardware and software with unmatched robotics design and artistry.
Sophia 2020 includes Hanson Robotics’ renowned facial expressions, gestural arms and hands, autonomous social interactions, an integrated SDK, and a choice of mobility bases, including a self-navigating option (not included).
Hanson Robotics now brings you a cognitive robotics platform, here to help you solve today’s problems and build our future for tomorrow.
Sophia 2020 can be integrated and customized through the Hanson AI SDK and API. Explore new scientific and research advancements, craft your own applications, services, and user experiences with Sophia 2020, who is here to help.
The Hanson AI SDK allows full control of all aspects of Sophia 2020 including AI based perception and NLP algorithms, open domain personalized chat capabilities, non-verbal language, and low level sensory and actuation controls.
Using the industry-standard ROS framework it developers can access all software components through a well-designed API. Our SDK also includes natural-looking robot visualization for use on testing developed features on virtual characters (without physical robot). The UI includes easy robot control, content and behavior authoring.
Technical Requirements: Mid-range x68-64bit PC, Linux OS (Ubuntu LTS 16.04 or later)
- Degree of Freedom (DOF): 74 (32 head, 6 torso, 14 arms, 14 hands)
- Artificial Skin for face and neck
- Integrated set of emotional expressions
- Payload: Hands can grasp and lift 600 g
- Power: Tethered 100-240, or battery operated
- Actuation: Servomotor
- Sensors: 3D Depth stereo vision (Realsense D435), eye camera, sonar, IMU
- Compass, Microphone array
- Intel Iris Pro Graphics 580, included in NUC
- Weight: 18 kg (head, torso, arms)
Connectivity options available on NUC
- SDXC card slot
- 3.5 mm Audio
- 3.5 mm Audio Optical
- Gigabit Ethernet Connection
- HDMI port
- USB from hub
- Connectivity to external computer and GPU is also possible
Sophia 2020 Robot, Standard Model
- 1 x Robot head (in a separate travel case)
- 1 x Robot upper torso with arms and hands (in a separate travel case)
- 1 x Non-motorized wheeled tripod base (in a separate travel case)
- 1 x Hanson Robotics API/SDK
- 1 x Hanson Robotics software application manual
- 1 x Hardware and user operation manual
- 1 x Robot outfit (one sleeveless top and one skirt, one pair full-arm gloves)
- 1 x Lavalier microphone
- 1 x Handheld microphone
- 1 x Ethernet cable
- 1 x Wall power cable
- 1 x Robot Head Repair Kit (including Metal wire, adhesive tape, eyelashes, A/B silicone repair, silicone oil, mesh, stir sticks, tissue, lipstick, toothpicks, safety pins, document clips, facial wipes, string, rubber bands)
- 1 x Robot Torso Repair Kit (including Hemostat, servo tester, scissors, multi screwdriver, multimeter, snipper pliers, tweezers, multi hex key, USB endoscope camera, gooseneck light, retractable cutter, nitrile gloves, sewing kit, electrical tape, cable ties, 3.5mm male to 3.5mm male audio extension cable 25cm, 3.5 male to 2 x 3.5 female audio extension 25cm, dynamical cables, servos extension leads set, XT60 males on cable + XT60 females on cable + 5 poles lever release connectors, SMPS Dynamixel, Dynamixel distribution board, 12 channel Polulu board set to: Dual USB with 700 to 2400 range, 3.5mm to USB audio dongle, HDMI dongle, spare handheld mic USB microphone receiver dongle, Dynamixel U2D2, Xpert CI-2401, Head 7 ports hub, RG45 coupler, USB hub, LAN USB Adaptor, cotton buds, epoxy putty, 5-minute epoxy adhesive, silicone adhesive, Loctite)
Remote Controlled Motorized Tripod (Optional)
- 1 x Remote controlled motorized wheeled tripod mobility base (in a separate travel case)
- 1 x XT90 battery power cable
- 1 x LiPo battery charger
- 2 x LiPo batteries (shipped separately, from a source local to customer)
- Extra batteries and chargers available at an additional charge
Autonomous Navigation Base (Optional)
- 1 x Autonomous navigation mobility base
- 1 x Charging dock
- 1 x Wallpower cable
- 1 x XT90 connection cable
- Height: Torso base to head 80 cm; on tripod ~1.65 m
There are no reviews yet.