- Leap Motion Controller
- Features a highly accurate optical hand tracking module
- Offers a 135° field of view and up to 80 cm range
- Tracks objects and captures high-speed infrared footage
- Interacts directly with digital content, VR & AR apps
- Includes demos of Particles, Paint, and Cat Explorer
The Leap Motion Controller is an optical hand tracking module that captures the movement of users’ hands and fingers so they can interact naturally with digital content.
Small, fast, and accurate, it can be used for productivity applications with Windows computers, integrated into enterprise-grade hardware solutions or displays, or attached to virtual/augmented reality headsets for AR/VR/XR prototyping, research, and development. The controller is capable of tracking hands within a 3D interactive zone that extends up to 60 cm (24”) or more, extending from the device in a 120 x 150° field of view.
Leap Motion‘s software is able to discern 27 distinct hand elements, including bones and joints, and track them even when they are obscured by other parts of the hand. So, reach out and see what you’ve been missing with your favorite virtual reality headset. The Leap Motion Controller now features massively updated V4 tracking and three new demos – Particles, Paint, and Cat Explorer!
Get the Leap Motion Controller to play, explore, and create with legacy desktop applications on the Leap Motion Gallery, or start building your own VR project on the Oculus Rift or HTC Vive.
Leap Motion for Virtual reality
Reach into new virtual worlds and get hands-on with VR. With a Leap Motion Controller mounted to the front of your VR headset and Leap Motion hand tracking, you can touch and interact with objects in virtual reality as you would in the real world – just by using your hands.
Leap Motion on your desktop
If you’re not ready to dive into VR, use the Leap Motion Controller on your desk, alongside your mouse and keyboard, for an added level of 3D interactivity. With apps from the Leap Motion Gallery, you can create music, learn about earthquakes, play games, and more.
The Leap Motion ControllerTM is certified compliant to safety and electrical regulatory standards. Its robustness and external certification enable commercial projects, including sterile environments.
Download free apps on the Leap Motion App Gallery: VR applications for headsets such as the Oculus Rift and HTC, plus 75+ legacy desktop applications (no longer being updated)
Experimental LeapUVC interface opens up access to low-level controls such as LED brightness, gamma, exposure, gain, resolution, and more. Use the Leap Motion Controller to track physical objects, capture high-speed infrared footage, or see the world in new ways.
- FOV: 150×120 degrees
- Range: variable (arm’s length, up to roughly 80 cm)
- Weight: 32 grams
- Cameras: 2x 640×240 infrared
- Framerate: 120 fps
- Weight: 32 g / 1.15 oz
Minimum System Requirements
- Windows® 7+, Mac OS X 10.7 Lion (legacy support)
- AMD Phenom™ II or Intel® Core™ i3/i5/i7 processor
- 2 GB RAM
- USB 2.0 port
- Internet connection
- Orion SDK compatible with Windows 7 or newer. Build with Mac, Linux or tool tracking using the V2 Desktop SDK
VR experiences recommended minimum Requirements
- Windows 7 SP1 64 bit or newer
- Intel Core i5-4590 equivalent or greater
- 8GB+ RAM
- 3x USB 3.0 port
- NVIDIA GTX 970 / AMD R9 290 equivalent or greater with compatible HDMI 1.3 video output
- Operating temperature: 32 to 113 ºF (0 to 45 ºC)
- Storage temperature: 14 to 122 ºF (-10 to 50 ºC)
- Relative Humidity: 5% to 85% (non-condensing)
- Operating Altitude: 0 to 10,000 feet (0 to 3048 meters)
Note: Theis not included. It must be purchased separately.
- 1 x Leap Motion Controller
- 1 x 60 cm USB 2.0 cable
- 1 x 150 cm USB 2.0 cable
- 1 x Information guide
- 30 x 80 x 13 mm / 1.2 x 3.2 x 0.5 inches
There are no reviews yet.