- Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS) – High Torque (HT1)
- Features a configurable, modular smart servo motor
- Designed for the Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (SES)
- Offers 60 RPM – no load (12 V)
- Includes metal gears, RGB LED bar, and sensor feedback
- Provides smart / wheel / RC modes
- Now with Full Aluminum Body (NEW)
The Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS) – High Torque (HT1) are new compact, modular actuators which were designed to be an evolution of the standard RC servo for use in multi-degree-of-freedom robots, animatronics, custom RC projects and more. The lineup currently includes three “smart servos” which differ in maximum torque and speed, and share the same dimensions, mounting points, and output spline.
The servos form the core modules of the next generation Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (S.E.S.) and a wide variety of modular brackets, mechanics and electronics have been designed around them. “Smart” means each servos’ parameters are user-modifiable and configurable, there is sensor feedback (Voltage, Current, Temperature, Position, and RPM), built-in safety features, and although they work best when connected to a microcontroller or computer, can be used as advanced RC actuators.
The custom LSS serial protocol was built upon the SSC-32 / 32U protocol and makes communicating with and configuring the servos one of the easiest and most intuitive to use.
Note: The servo cannot be used on its own as no communication interface is included with the servo. The suggested serial interface is the(USB, Arduino, Bee socket compatible), though most 5 V USB to serial adapters can be used (be sure to provide power separately). Any RC system can be used, though 6-12 V power to the LSS servo(s) should be provided separately.
– Example of Smart Servos Integration
Lynxmotion’s Smart Servos are designed to be part of the Lynxmotion Servo Erector Set (SES) modular robot building system and are compatible with dozens of brackets and frame components.
Theis an electronic board that allows for easy connection to and control of the Lynxmotion Smart Servos. The board includes a variety of features and functions as a central power distribution board via six LSS connectors.
Theprovides a simple solution to supply power to and communicate with the smart servos. It is also a useful tool to split the LSS bus from one servo to two or three while allowing these servos to be powered separately. The Power Hub can be mounted directly to the servos.
Custom designed gears can be used to provide external gearing for the Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS) motors.
Theis made of durable aluminum plates and standoffs and uses foam to conform to the object being grasped. Inner teeth on the aluminum help “bite” into objects when necessary.
Theprovides easy access to viewing and modifying of the various settings that control the main features and functionality of the Lynxmotion Smart Servo Motors as well as allowing firmware updates.
- Nominal Voltage (recommended): 12 V (6 V min, 12.6 V max)
- Torque, max. static at 12 V: 29 kg-cm
- Torque, max dynamic at 12 V: 5.8 kg-cm
- Speed, no load at 12 V: 60 RPM
- Current, no load, standby at 12 V: 70 mA
- Current, stall at 12 V: 800 mA
- Operating temperature range: 45 ~85 °C
- Spline: 24 Teeth (compatible with Hitec standard spline)
- DC Motor: Coreless
- Gear ratio: 1:320
- Gear material: Steel
- Operating angle: 360° absolute and virtual multi-turn
- Communication type: TTL full duplex asynchronous serial or RC PWM.
- Communication protocol: Custom Lynxmotion Smart Servo (LSS)
- Baudrate range: 9600 bps ~ 921600 bps
- Baudrate (recommended) : 115200 bps
- Connector: Molex 4-pin, 2.54mm Low Profile (pinout: Rx | Vcc | GND | Tx)
- Weight: 79 g (without horns)
- 1x Lynxmotion Smart Servo – High Torque (HT1)
- 1x Aluminum driving horn (SES pattern) pre-assembled
- 1x Idler horn (SES pattern) pre-assembled
- 1x Cable: 150 mm long 4-pin Molex to 4-pin Molex
- 1x Cable: 150 mm long 4-pin Molex to 3-pin 2.54 mm “RC Standard” connector plus 2.54 mm single pin connector
- 51 x 25 x 38.3 mm (case only)
There are no reviews yet.